Tuesday, July 10, 2012

21st Birthday Lotto/Hangover gifts

For my brother's 21st birthday I wanted to either give him $21 or lotto tickets and also make a hangover kit. I started looking around my house for containers, I found a coffee and candy containers, ribbon, bows and printed some labels from my computer and was all set. I then went to purchase 21 lotto scratcher tickets and items for my hangover kit.

Lotto pull bucket:
21 scratchers
tape
printable label
tape
ribbon
bow

I made a label using Mac's Pages application by inserting a rounded rectangle on the page and measuring it to cover the label from my coffee container. Then I added text that said "Happy Birthday Sam, 21 is a lucky number! ". I placed the tickets into 3 piles (I had 7 , 3 different kinds of tickets and placed them into piles so I can make a pattern and alternate the kinds of tickets: 777, Hot Chili, Gold, 777, Hot Chili, Gold, etc....) then place them scratcher side down and tape them all together long ways.
Then I used a knife and carefully cut a slit big enough for the lotto tickets to easily slide out of when the bday boy pulled them. After I took the picture below I cut the slit bigger because the tickets were getting stuck.

Place all the tickets inside so they are face up when pulled out. Using double sided tape I wrapped a green (reminded me of $) ribbon around the border of the paper. Which I didn't have time to take a picture of the finished product, but you can see a bit of it below when my brother opened it. 

Hangover Kit:

I found a candy box and covered it with a label I made using Mac's Pages application and put a list of the contents on the label so he was able to know what was inside. I found some things around the house to put in it, and also browsed the dollar bins to find travel toiletries and items. 
Here are some of the items I put in the kit:
Vitamin Water, Rockstar Energy drink, Aspirin, Alka-seltzer, Bandaids, barf bag, mouthwash, 2 small bottles of alcohol, energy powered packet, and energy bars. I did not have time to take an upclose picture of the kit but you can see it above after my brother opened it. (no room for a lid, just wrap it with a big ribbon). 



1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Are you finding free birthday gifts and deals? Try it! It's totally Free! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

    ReplyDelete